Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Meet the new kitties!

A few days ago, my dad saw a posting at work for two older male cats that needed a good home. 
We decided since we only have one cat now, (we lost Gertrude back in November), that we could take them in.  Now, their names were Cue-Cue and Bam-Bam, but we didn't like these names so we're changing them to.....

Shawn

and....
Gus


Shawn - is the more friendly of the two and loves attention. He's very sweet, loves to rub you, be petted, and if you sit next to him but don't pet him, he'll rub you to death and then pat you with his paws. =)
He's more nervous than Gus, but he comes around easier because of his love of attention.
He is black short hair with white on his paws, bib and stomach. He has white whiskers and gold eyes.


Gus - is a little less friendly, and not as photogenic. He had trouble settling in, and often got so scared he bit or scratched on the first day. He is nervous like Shawn, but more bold and he knows what he wants and doesn't want. At first he growled and hissed at us, but now he likes being petted and enjoys the attention almost as much as Shawn does. =)
He is all black longer hair and looks like an owl or a lion. He has black whiskers, and gold eyes.


Today was the first day they were allowed to roam the house as they pleased. They came on Wednesday, and stayed in a cage most of the day, my parents took them out that night and Shawn came around really quickly.  The next day they roamed my sister's room the whole day and we started taking them one by one upstairs to the main floor and closing off bedrooms and such so they couldn't run and hide.

Now they are allowed to roam the house as they please, but we find that they always go back to my sister's room when they get nervous.  Shawn and Gunther get along okay now, not so scared of each other, but Gus and Gunther aren't on "speaking terms" quite yet. I hope they all become buds after awhile.

Just a few minutes ago (and again now) Shawn ventured into my room just to explore a little, and now Gus came in and left again too. They are getting so brave! =) I'm glad.

Note:
All the photos were taken by my sister. I seem to have lost miss placed my camera somehow and haven't been able to take pictures of the new kitties only once since they got here! I'm so sad! ='(

Can you guess which TV show we got Shawn & Gus from?
Did you have a good weekend?

3 comments:

Ella said...

Those looks on Gus' face were so funny.
Sorry about the loose of your cat.
One of my familys' cat's died in October.
We were all very very sad.

Jemimah said...

They are SO sweet! I think Shawn is my favourite, he is SO cute! I'd like to have a cat, but I wouldn't be allowed to have one.

Elizabeth J. said...

Aww...so adorable! Kittens are precious.

P.S. I noticed that you’re still following my blog, Footprints in the Sand, and I wanted to let you know that I’ve begun a new blog. My new blog is called College in a Coffee Cup (collegeinacoffeecup.blogspot.com) and I’d appreciate it if you would follow it instead of my other blog.

Thanks a bunch!

~Elizabeth J.