Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 15 Is A Reading Day

Day 15, January 15, 2012
Guess what! I finally finished reading Emma! Now I'm free to read any book I want! (and I do have a few planned!)
I read the last 3 1/2 chapters of Emma tonight. This book was good, although I found it less interesting then Northanger Abbey (which I loved).
Now my sister and I are watching all the Emma movie adaptions. My favorite is the newest one with Ramola Garai and Johnny Lee Miller (we're saving this one for last). Tonight we watched one of the old ones...which we call "The dark haired Emma" it's the one with Kate Beckinsale and Mark Strong playing the main roles.
It's an old favorite. I've always loved the Frank Churchill in that one. Especially when I was younger I liked him and even though I didn't know the story, I remembered the scene where he goes to buy gloves from Ford's. =)

So lately, my sister and I have been watching movies/mini series together. So far we've watched: Lark Rise to Candleford, Amazing Grace, Little Dorrit, Cranford, Return to Cranford, Wives & Daughters, Persuasion ('07), Mansfield Park ('07), Bleak House, North & South, and Emma ('96).
What accomplishments! We are planning to watch two more Emma adaptions, a Pride & Prejudice (with Colin Firth), Sense & Sensibility (the newest), Our Mutual Friend, and Under the Greenwood Tree. I think my sister has a few others planned but I'm not sure what they are.

I think I'll go, because it's getting late. I'll have school tomorrow and my little cousin is also coming for a visit. 
And, I didn't get around to those photos I took on Friday, but I will soon.

Have you ever read Emma? Did you like it?
What movies you watched lately?

2 comments:

Ella said...

I love Emma!
It is my favorite JA novel that I've read,but I haven't read too many.

Jujube said...

Emma is such a delightful novel by Jane Austen! It's one of my top favorites, along with Northanger Abbey. Watching all those movies/mini series with your sister sounds like so much fun! I have yet to see a lot of those films you mentioned there.