Friday, June 25, 2010

Strawberries!

I love strawberries! :D

Today Mama and I went strawberry picking, it was so nice out in that field you wouldn't imagine,even though there were tons of people picking today!

After picking for about an hour and a half, we finally got our ten quarts of strawberries!
Once we paid for them and got them loaded in the van we went to a small country store to buy some chocolate milk and some cookies for a little snack before we headed home.

Once we got home, I took some pictures of them....here they are!


This one is my favorite


Happy Berries! :)

Cherry, I mean strawberry anyone?

The berry on the right was so huge compared to most of the other berries we got.

After being cut...wouldn't this make a great summer header??? :)

Sugar piled on top, looks like mountains covered with snow to me!

Things to do with strawberries:
  • Eat - plain or with sugar
  • Make Strawberry Shortcake - with extra whip cream piled on top!
  • Throw at each other...- seems like a fun idea...right? ;)
Now that we have the first picking done...I can't wait to do it again! :D
Even the little slugs we brought home were happy with the berries!

I hope y'all have a great weekend!

In Christ,
Miss Bea

1 comment:

Haley said...

It sounds like y'all had fun! :) That one berry is huge! :D