Friday, February 8, 2013

Simple Captures: Day 7


 Day 7 and a week before Valentine's Day!



Last night my sister and I finished making our practice skirt, and today we started on the real thing. We got it cut out, mostly sewed, and I realized that I had pinned/sewed the casing for the elastic on the wrong side of the skirt! So, while watching a movie I took out the 2 rows of stitches I had put on it, and will start over tomorrow! It's frustrating, but nothing major. :-)

Also today I tried out this tutorial on how to make hand warmers! It's really fun and easy, and my mom and sister love them! They only take about 30 seconds to warm up in the microwave, and I know we'll be using them sometime soon! They also make great bean bags, although filled with rice. 
The tutorial is very easy to follow, and they make up pretty quickly, too! The hardest part is measuring, and cutting the fabric. 

What kind of things have you been crafting lately?

No comments: