Sunday, February 27, 2011

Okay, I know it's late but here is what I made on Valentine's Day! =)

Start with some dough: (sugar cookie dough)

And draw a heart in it:
For 2 reasons...
  1. Because you want to.
  2. Because that's the shape the cookies are going to be.
And put it in the fridge for 1 hr. (more if you're busy like me...)
Then go do something fun. (aka school in my case) =)
Then when you're done with..."something fun" the dough should be hard and you can start making cookies.

Oh and a note:

  • ** Note **: Make the frosting before hand. Otherwise you'll be up until...o-dark-hundred in the morning frosting these things. (By o-dark-hundred I mean around 2 A.M.)
So, make the frosting.
Add some color. I used 2 colors to make 3 colors of frosting.
  1. Red
  2. Blue
I made red and pink frosting:

And I also made purple frosting:

And here's what they looked like
Red and pink icing in the back was for the outlines. And the red and purple in the front are for the inside (aka "flood" icing).

And put the "flood" icing in these snazzy little bottle things that you can get from Pampered Chef. This just happens to be what I used, I'm sure you can find something else.
Let me introduce you to my *newest* best friends. (left to right) Dazzling Pink "Dazzle" for short, Ravishing Red, and Pretty Purple.

Alright, now that you've met them, lets put them to work making these cookies dazzling, ravishing and pretty. =)

And now I'm going to make another note:
  • This is a note.
  • This is another note.
  • And this is the note you actually need to read. Alright, I know ravishing and pretty probably mean about the same thing, but I'm using them anyway. ;)
Okay so, what was I rambling on about? Oh, right frosting!
Let's put frosting on these cookies!

Here's how to start.
  1. Outline the cookies with your hard icing.
  2. Wait for it to dry before you put the "flood" icing on.
  3. Then put the "flood" icing on.
Get it? Got it. Good.

First, outline!
With pink.

Then with red.

Then with both:

Then, once it's dry (or hard) put on some thinner icing, like so:
I added dots in another color and ran a toothpick through the middle.

I'd say don't stick your fingers in the frosting, like I did to *two* of the cookies in this picture.


And, when you run out of frosting, and it's already 2 o'clock, and you're ready to quit and not clean up, clean up anyway while talking to your dad who got up for some tea. Now remember, he's laughing at you because you're not done yet, but also looking at all the cookies and pointing out the ones he likes. =) He pointed out the "I ♥ Dad" one a couple times, hehe!
And then, once he goes back to bed, and you finally finish cleaning up. This is what you make yourself as a "good job" reward.
Let the frosting spill off onto the counter. It doesn't matter anyway, just lick it off...oh sorry, wipe it with your finger (don't forget you lick your finger), then wipe the counter with some kind of cleaning product.

Also, if nobody will help, here's what to do.
  1. When someone comes into the kitchen looking for a cookie to eat, ask them if they want to frost one.
  2. Then, when they ask if they can have the one they frost, say yes.
  3. Then, when they ask if they can have one if they don't frost one, say no.
  4. Then get pictures of the one they frosted because it's funny looking and cute. That way you have proof that someone did actually help you frost cookies.
Here's my proof:
This is the cookie my brother decorated for the purpose of eating. But isn't it cute? =)

I got the idea for these from this post (Julia @ Through the Looking Glass).
Anyway dear friends, I hope you enjoyed my silly/random post, and if you got this far, Congrats!

Have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

Haley said...

Cute cookies! :)

Julia said...

Pretty cookies! I tried making some like this... they turned out, but not as good as yours!

Sarah said...

You did a beautiful job decorating them and they look so yummy! I love making sugar cookies and decorating them too. I love how the toothpick gave such a beautiful heart design!