Monday, December 13, 2010

The Grinch

"Inside a snowflake like the one on your sleeve, there happened a story you must see to believe."
"I'm glad he took our presents. You can't hurt Christmas, Mr. Mayor, because it isn't about the... the gifts or the contest or the fancy lights. That's what Cindy's been trying to tell everyone... and me. I don't need anything more for Christmas than this right here: my family."
Narrator: "The Whos young and old would sit down to a feast, and they'll feast, and they'll feast."
The Grinch: "And they'll feast, feast, feast, feast. They'll eat their Who-Pudding and rare Who-Roast Beast. But that's something I just cannot stand in the least. Oh, no. I'M SPEAKING IN RHYME!"
"It's because I'm green isn't it?"

Narrator: "And the more the Grinch thought of what Christmas would bring, the more the Grinch thought..."
The Grinch: "I must stop this whole thing!"
The Grinch: "Why, for year after year I've put up with it now. I must stop this Christmas from coming... but how? I MEAN... in what way?"
The Grinch: "It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags."
Narrator: "The Grinch thought of something he hadn't before."
The Grinch: "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas..."
Narrator: "He thought"
The Grinch: "...means a little bit more."



Cindy Lou Who: "We're gonna crash!"
The Grinch: "Now you listen to me, young lady! Even if we're *horribly mangled*, there'll be no sad faces on Christmas."



Cindy Lou Who: "Santa?"
The Grinch: "WHAT?"
Cindy Lou Who: "Don't forget the Grinch. I know he's mean and hairy and smelly. His hands might be cold and clammy, but I think he's actually kinda... sweet."
The Grinch: "SWEET? You think he's sweet?"
Cindy Lou Who: [nods] "Merry Christmas, Santa."
[goes upstairs]
The Grinch: "Nice kid... baaad judge of character."



"For the next 5 minutes only, 99% off!"



"What's that stench? It's fantastic."



"Those Whos are hard to frazzle, Max. But, we did our worst, and that's all that matters."


This is one of my favorites! =)

In Christ,
Miss Bea

2 comments:

Miss Laurie said...

What fun it was to watch this last night! Thanks for this fun post! :)

Haley said...

I've never seen this version, only the cartoon one. ;) And I haven't seen that one in years! ;)