Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Hello, Goodbye, Hello

Originally my post was called Hello 2015 but since it is now 2016, I figured I better change it.
Here is the original post, with some thoughts added on. Enjoy!


When did time start moving so quickly? And yet, sometimes so slowly?
I can't help thinking, "Oh, how slow time goes!", yet it speeds away, never to be seen again.
It's a strange phenomena, what makes time go slowly, yet quickly? 
Could it be our minds playing tricks?
Is time really the same as it's always been?

2014 sped away, and left me with questions like, Where has the time gone?
What did I really do last year? Was I productive? 
But then I remember that year is gone, it came to a quiet close as a new year started.

Highlights of 2014
Working for a ministry is so amazingly wonderful, but until late this past year I didn't know it.
I had been working there a year before I even realized how blessed I was to be in a place working side by side with fellow Christians that I know and love.
I've had ups and downs, mostly emotional, but I've grown closer to God through it all, and that's what really matters.
I've gained new friends, and seen a few go, adjusting isn't always easy, but we'll get through it together. 

Goals and Aspirations of 2015
I have these goals written out, and I'm not saying I'll be perfect at any of them, but I'm giving it my best shot, and I'll update on how they're going.
Read the whole Bible
Memorize 60 Bible verses (5 a month)
Read 6 "novels" I'm giving myself 2 months to finish 1 - so far my list consists of North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell, Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, and Wives & Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
Open an Etsy shop sometime in July, that gives me plenty of time to make some things to sell.

These are just some of my main goals, I have others, but they're more personal.


Highlights of 2015
I turned 19, got new glasses but most importantly contacts!
I've been working for 2 years now, there's been ups and downs, but overall God has blessed me through it all. I've learned and have grown so much over the past 2 years but the best part is my amazing co-workers!
In October I got my driving permit, and am learning to drive. Driving is fun but frustrating, I'm having trouble with backing up, my aim is not so good.
We had a good Christmas, and a happy New Year as well, and I'm so looking forward to what God has in store for my family in 2016!


Goals and Aspirations of 2016
Read through the Bible (I never ended up finishing last year)
My reading list for 2016: North & South, Wives & Daughters, Little Women, Pride & Prejudice, Persuasion, A Christmas Carol, The Chronicles of Narnia.
Start crafting more
Save money
Get my Licence


My main theme of 2016 is from these quotes:

"Don't you dare shrink yourself for someone else's comfort. Do not become small for people who refuse to grow."  


"Let your love for God change the world, but never let the world change your love for God."


"God said, "Be still and know" not, "Freak out and question."



Have a wonderful year, 2016 and may God bless you and your families richly in this new year!
Miss Bea

No comments: