Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Resurrection Day!

I thought about a fancy post but, I had no idea what do put in it. So I'll just say this:

God is SO good.

He is Risen! Hallelujah!
Jesus died for our sins, paid it all for us. Three days later he rose from the dead.



I hope today, you know the real meaning of Easter. Nowadays in this world, Easter is made to be anything but what it was meant for.
Now it means bunnies and candy....and all those things.
Easter wasn't ever meant to be like that. It's a time for rejoicing in what God did for us!
It's the best gift anyone ever gave us, and if we only accept it, then we'll go to live with Him in heaven! {I'm pretty excited about that, if ya know what I mean ;)}


Sure, easter egg hunts are fun, and bunnies (who doesn't like biting the ears off of a chocolate bunny?!), and toys are really cool (for a little while). Those things are nice, but when you compare celebrating those things with celebrating what Easter is really about? I think the best choice is celebrating what Jesus did on the cross. And, everything here on earth, it's nothing. Nothing compared to heaven, and all of the wonderful things that are waiting for us there.


At my house, we've always celebrated Easter {or Resurrection Day, we call it both}. We get our Easter baskets filled with jelly beans and little chocolate crosses...usually some little goodies like pencils or something. But it's not just that. We don't just do that. We celebrate the fact that He Is Risen! Not just today, but all year round. Giving God the glory, not ourselves. Not the candy. Not the toys or the "Easter bunny", but God.


I pray friends, that you are having a wonderful Resurrection Day!
Enjoy your goodies! ;)

P.S. I'm not trying to sound like I'm against all those things. They're fun and add a little variety to the day, but candy isn't all that Easter is about. =)

All photos via google

No comments: