Monday, August 16, 2010

There's a time for camp and a time for rest

Getting to know God is a great adventure, opening His word each day.
Reading and Praying and getting to know Him, learning all the He has to say.

God wants to spend time with just you, just you, God wants to spend time with just you.
Three-hundred and sixty-five days of the year, God wants to spend time with just you!

~ Camp Song ~ :)

After having been at camp for 5 weeks instead of only 2 I feel rather worn out.
1 week of being a camper and 4 weeks of being 'on staff'.


  1. Week 1 - Teen Camp, ages 13-16 (in which I was a camper) it was tons of fun and I even got to make a tie dye shirt! (I'll have pictures up soon)
  2. Week 2 - Junior Camp, ages 8-12 I was a counselor this week. My first time ever, I had lots of fun while being stretched out to my limit of little kids.
  3. Week 3 - Junior Camp, I worked in the kitchen. Helping...set tables, wash dishes, serve food, waitress, sweep floors...ect.
  4. Week 4 - Junior Camp, also worked in the kitchen. Thankfully, both weeks we had very nice cooks to work with. :)
  5. Week 5 - Day Camp, ages 5-8 (or 3-9 as the case may be:) all the staff was very grateful that the campers went home at night :)


This summer I've been stretched to the limit and beyond for those lovely little campers.
Don't get me wrong I loved it but at the start of my first week ever being a counselor I was not having a good week, by the end I was getting into the hang of it and could somewhat handle doing my assigned job.

So, I survived, I'm here, worn out...filled to the max of strange people. I enjoyed my summer, I'm all talked out, I'm tan from head to toe and thoroughly waterlogged. I found out that the smallest things entertain me (such as rocks that somehow write on cement, pieces of wood hung on rope and called "swings", sand put in a pile and called a "sandbox", daddy long legs, moths, dragonflies and frogs) and how when you leave for so long you learn how much you can really miss little pussy cats that are left at home.

So for now friends, have a good night.

Miss Bea

No comments: