Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Fourth! - Late

Happy Late Fourth!
I hope y'all had a happy fourth of July...on a Sunday!! =D


Sunday was my brother's birthday so we celebrated on Saturday by going to a fair and having fried dough and freshly made lemonade then going to see Toy Story 3! (in 3D) =D
I loved it, no matter what anybody says. You know it's a good movie when everybody in the family tears up at the end. =)



On Sunday, after church, we went out for lunch and played Disc Golf...(it was our first time and we had no idea how long the course was...2 miles, 18 "holes" = over 2 hours...we even skipped 4 "holes"!!! Standing in the HOT sun, with no water...in 90 degree weather) I'm not complaining though because it was lots of fun and I'd do it again! (not after church on Sunday, and I'd bring water :P)



After our "adventure" of playing disc golf...we came back home, rested and got cleaned up and ready for church again. After church we gave my brother presents and had some cake and ice cream before heading off to the fireworks...which were VERY good! (all the pictures of the fireworks were taken Sunday night)



Monday was a total rest day. It was very warm and humid and we just stayed inside and tried to keep cool.
Today, I went swimming for the first time since the summer of 2008! :D I was really excited and I'm glad I got to go because I had such a good time. It was also warm/humid today so it was nice to be in the water.



At church on Sunday, the message was about being a good soldier. The passage we used really hit me hard. It seemed to make much more sense to me than anything else in the message.

Here's the passage we used: 2 Timothy 2:1-4
"1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in grace that is in Jesus Christ.
2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."



My favorite verse was # 3 - "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."
Doesn't that just say something to you?

Here's what it said to me: "You haven't been doing your best for Jesus, you need to straighten up and stand tall. Shine the light of Jesus in any way you can. Serve Him even if it means you'll be uncomfortable. It's not about YOU it's about God."

I hope you all have a good night.

In Christ,
Miss Bea

No comments: