Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snow anyone?

As the first loverly snow plow of the "winter" season rumbled past our house, I could only think of one thing as I ran to the window to watch it pass:  "It's starting!! Winter is here at last!!".  The weatherman says we'll be getting 5-10 inches of snow with this one storm, I'm quite excited for the snow since it's the first, but I think it's beginning a little too early. Don't you? I mean, it's only October! True, it's the end, but surely before November is too early!
The part I don't like is that as I'm writing this, the lights keep flickering. They say the power may go out.  I sort of hope it does, in a way, but having the power out is more fun in the summer because it's not so cold.

So I've been thinking, Miss Bea's Scrapbook doesn't really suit this blog anymore. It was an interesting name for it at the start, but I'm not sure I really like it anymore.  Though I've done scrap booking,  I've never really gotten into it, so I don't think scrapbook goes very well.  And Miss Bea sounds so...formal.

{So.  I was wondering. If you loverly followers, would help me a bit.  Maybe suggest some new names for my blog?  I would very much appreciate it.}

If I get enough suggestions I'll make up a poll and have y'all vote. Sound good?
I'd also like to know what kinds of posts I should do.  I'll admit I have been feeling rather disappointed with my blog lately.  See, my sister has a blog too. Hers is pretty popular and all, and I'm feeling kinda...jealous.  But, the thing is, she has something to post about.  Ya know? I'm still not sure what to post about.  I keep feeling like nobody wants to hear about me, me, me, all the time.
And true, I have photography, but it takes time to upload all those pictures and find the ones I like and...blah, blah, blah.  I'm rambling.  I also feel kinda selfish talking about myself all the time. I'm sure anyone who reads this knows what I mean right?

So anyway, you have a reason for my lack of posts since...*checks how long it's been since I last posted*...August.  Sheesh! I didn't know it'd been that long.
But I'd better go bundle up in some nice warm pj's and settle down for the night since the power keeps going out. So, good night all.  *cue song from the Sound of Music* "So long, fair well...."

Bea

9 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

It hasn't snowed by me yet, but it has gotten colder lately. Part of me wants it to be winter already.

Similar thing happened with my blog. When I started Elegance of Fashion, I intended it to be more of a sewing blog than a period drama blog, but it became a period drama blog overtime.

I would say that if you wanted to stick to the name Miss Bea, you could name your blog "Miss Bea's World" or something like that; that way you can post about whatever you want instead of sticking to a specific theme. I'm not great with blog names, but I hope that helped a little. I usually come up with names last when I start up something new: I get together what I want to do and try to form a name with that.

Usually for me, review posts or discussion posts catch my attention, though I do like photography posts sometimes.

I hope this helps! If you need anymore help, let me know and I'll try to help the best that I can :-)

Abby said...

I know exactly how you feel! But try not to compare you and your blog to anyone else's...difficult, but once I stopped doing that it became a lot easier :) The only advice I can really offer is to write about what you enjoy doing or things you love. Make a list of all these and hopefully some ideas will spring up from there!

~Abby

Jujube said...

So glad to see you back on your blog, Miss Bea! I'm not the best person to make a blog name suggestion, but I'm willing to vote on a poll for the best one! And Don't feel jealous about Miss Laurie. Your blog is unique and lovely--I'm sure you'll think of something to post about, dear. You can try asking your followers what kinds of posts they want to see. I hope the weather doesn't get too cold there! I'm surprised that it's already snowing in some places.

Jujube said...

Oh, I nearly forgot... Would you like to be interviewed on my blog? If you're interested, you can view this announcement: http://beautifulblankpages.blogspot.com/2011/10/attention-to-all-bloggers.html.

Ella said...

I can't think of any names for your blog at this moment.
Yo could find inspiration for a a blog name from a movie,book,song,or place

Miss Laurie said...

I know it's been hard for you in the last few months to balance your time and to get inspired to post. The thing with a blog is that it is a space that's truly your's. This is your spot to talk about whatever you want to. You don't have to stick to just one subject, most people talk about whatever they want.

Ella's suggestion of could finding inspiration for a a blog name from a movie, book, song or place is really the best. Find inspiration from your favorite things.

You're one special young lady and I know your readers will be as interested in anything you post as I am. Love you girl! :)

Old-Fashioned Father said...

Ooh, name game! Um...

-Beatrix Writes
-Color Me Rainbow (oops, done already)
-How Can I Bea Me?
-Kirsten & Kamera
-Swinging On Rainbows

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

I've awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award!

http://old-fashionedcharm.blogspot.com/2011/12/stylish-blogger-award.html

Ella said...

I love your new blog name and blog design!